- Rhymes: -ɒt
stupid person; fool
- Japanese: 飲んべえ (nonbē)
EtymologyMediaeval Latin sottus.
Sot may refer to:
- Sot or gamasot, a cooker used in traditional Korean cuisine
- solid organ transplant
- Sound Of Tawau 学生论坛
- Self Ordering Terminal, a solution used in restaurant which helps customer to order their food directly from table.
- Streams On Tv, IP-TV Community project on an Internet TV SetTopBox
- Stay On Topic, An acronym often referred to in the world of internet forum posting encouraging future posters not to stray far from the titular topic of the thread.
- Small outline transistor, a type of surface mount device
- A drunkard; a person who is frequently intoxicated
- A "fool" or "stupid person" often lacking in judgment or sense
sot in German: SOT
sot in Italian: SOT
sot in Norwegian: SOT
sot in Kölsch: SOT (Watt ėßß datt?)
alcoholic, alcoholic addict, bacchanal, bacchanalian, bibber, big drunk, boozehound, boozer, bullheaded, carouser, chronic alcoholic, chronic drunk, closed-minded, deaf, devotee of Bacchus, dipsomaniac, drinker, drunk, drunkard, guzzler, hard drinker, hardheaded, headstrong, heavy drinker, imbiber, inebriate, intractable, lovepot, lush, mulish, oenophilist, pathological drinker, pot companion, problem drinker, reveler, serious drinker, shikker, soak, soaker, social drinker, swigger, swiller, thirsty soul, tippler, toper, tosspot, wassailer, winebibber